All participants will receive dinner M-F in a UT dining hall and will also receive Dining Dollars on their VolCard for the purchase of all other meals. VolCards are issued during orientation prior to Math Camp, so don’t forget to bring it with you!
Residential students will live in on campus during Math Camp. These students must be in the building by Midnight Sunday–Thursday for the duration of camp. Participants will check in with their counselor each night. Repeated violations can result in being dismissed from Math Camp.
Non-Residential students (whose permanent address is within a fifty-mile radius of campus) can choose to stay at home and commute to campus each day. Non-residential students will be able to participate in all social activities.
What to Bring
- Casual clothing is appropriate for the entire program. Bring clothing for both hot and cold weather (classrooms can get chilly)
- Rain gear, including an umbrella (sessions will take place rain or shine)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Bag or backpack to carry your items to and from classroom sessions
- Pencils and paper
- You DO NOT need a calculator for Math Camp. You can bring one with you if you think you may need it in the fall, but you won’t be allowed to use it during the duration of Math Camp.
- Money to cover purchases and activities not covered by Math Camp registration fees (i.e.: weekend or after-hour meals and group excursions).
Additional items residential students should consider bringing:
- Alarm clock (there is no wake-up service)
- All personal toiletries, including a towel, shampoo, conditioner, and soap, etc. Personal items can be purchased from nearby stores.
- Shower shoes (shower facilities will be used by other residential attendees)
- Linens, a pillow, and a blanket or comforter for a twin XL-sized bed (rooms may get cold).
- Laundry supplies (machines are located in the residence hall and are free to use however detergent, dryer sheets, etc., are not provided).
When you arrive on campus, check in at the residence hall (view interactive campus map). If you will be parking your car on campus during Math Camp, you will need a parking pass. You will be given a temporary student parking pass to use during math camp. Non-residential students should check in at the residence hall as well to receive a temporary commuter parking pass. Students will need to purchase parking passes for the fall semester if they are planning on keeping their car on campus, the pass used for Math Camp is only valid during the duration of Camp.
Additional Items Covered by the Registration Fee
- All classroom sessions and instruction with professors, mentors, and advisors
- Transportation to and from social activities and day excursions
- UT resources provided to students during the program
Math Camp counselors will host a series of programs designed to help students transition to UT and get acclimated to the Knoxville community.
Class attendance is required throughout the duration of Math Camp. Students who are excessively late or have more than three absences will be dismissed from camp with no option for a refund.