The mission of Math Camp is to support students in their transition into the first-year of college and academically prepare students to be successful in their math courses at UT. Participants will engage in a variety academic and social activities.
The transition to a new college environment can be difficult. By participating in Math Camp you’ll integrate into the academic community early, learn about expectations for academic success, organization of university classes, and connect with fellow new Vols. Additionally Math Camp scholars will:
- Enhances math ability and proficiency.
- Participate in out of classroom activities, including social events, introduction to UT resources, and academic tutoring.
- Expand on knowledge of personal strengths and how they can be applied to student success
- Residential students (who live on campus for the duration of the program) have the added benefit of experiencing residential campus life at UT with other students in the program.
- Students who live on campus during the program will move into their fall residence early which allows for extra time to explore campus before the semester begins!
By participating in Math Camp, you will:
- Enhance and demonstrate math ability and proficiency
- Recognize and locate college resources that support academic and personal growth
- Enhance understanding of personal strengths in order to support academic and social exploration.
- Create an environment that fosters an opportunity to develop a sense of belonging as a UT student
- Prioritize the importance of dialogue and how it contributes to building community